We invite you to the VineArts studio on the 1st and 3rd Monday of each month, 6:30-8:30, to worship, study, pray, create, and support each other in our different creative journeys. We are a small discipleship group whose purpose is to grow as artists and disciples of Christ. We study the Bible and sometimes devotionals, watch film clips, dabble in art activities, and refer to books by a variety of artists.
Currently we’re doing a book study of Heart of the Artist by musician Rory Noland during the months of March, April, and May. Our schedule is as follows. Join us any time!
1. Mar 1 – introduction & ch. 1 (“Those artsy types” / Character of the Artist)
2. Mar 15 – discuss ch. 1 & 2 (More on Character / Servanthood vs. Stardom)
3. April 5 – discuss ch. 3, 4 (The Artist in Community / Excellence vs. Perfectionism)
4. April 19 – discuss ch. 5, 6 (Handling Criticism / Jealously and Envy)
5. May 3 – discuss ch. 7, 8 (Managing your Emotions / Leading Artists)
6. May 17 – discuss ch. 9. 10 (The Artist and Sin / Spiritual Disciplines of the Artist)
A note to those attending the book study: This study can have tremendous positive impact on your personal artistic journey if three conditions are met: Attendance, Authenticity and Safety.
Attendance: If you missed the last session or didn’t read the book, just come anyway!
Authenticity: We’ll be discussing our real-life experiences with one another. Ask God for the courage to be honest and real in this study. We promise you will never be attacked, belittled, or made to feel foolish no matter what you say. True maturity in Christ requires honesty and vulnerability, even (especially) when we are broken inside.
Safety: We encourage you to share from your heart, but at the same time, we’re not going to pressure anyone. Our highest priority is to make this studio a safe place where nobody is coerced.
Sensitivity and Confidentiality: Part of safety. While someone else is sharing a personal struggle or journey, we allow them to share without interrupting or trying to “fix” situations with advice. Of course confidentiality is essential.
See you in the studio… We’re excited to come alongside you in this journey!